The purpose of the Central Coast Soccer League is to provide the opportunity for all players to play soccer in a recreational atmosphere. It must be understood by all players and spectators that this is not a competitive league and should not be treated as such. There will be no team standings or trophies issued. Therefore, participants with the "win at all costs" attitude should seriously consider one of the competitive leagues in the area.
The CCSoccer League is designed as a recreational league. To help facilitate this purpose, individuals will sign up to play. The league will organize teams based on certain factors in an attempt to create evenly matched teams. Upon signing up for the league, participants must purchase a reversible jersey that can be used for multiple seasons.
The CCSoccer League has adopted a recreational format and as such, has special rules as follows:
- Referee calls are final; dissent will not be tolerated.
- All yellow-carded players must sit out a minimum of 15 minutes (they may be replaced).
- All red-carded players must leave the premises immediately and will automatically miss the next game. Players who receive more than two red-cards in the CCSoccer League will permanently be banned from the league. No protests of this rule will be allowed.
- The CCSoccer League has the option to prohibit any individual from playing in the league — regardless of previous disciplinary actions.
- Only registered players are allowed to play. Registered players are those whose names appear on the schedule and roster.
- If a team is short-handed players, in the spirit of recreational soccer, players from the opposing team may play for the short-handed team. If there are no volunteers or both teams are short-handed, then the short-handed team may use Ringers. A Ringer is any CCSoccer League registered player. Team members from the two scheduled teams always have precedence over Ringers when substituting. Teams are encouraged to follow the "Townley Rule" — make ringer substitutions upon every goal scored.
- Shin-guards are mandatory equipment for all players. Non-standard equipment that is considered dangerous to other players will not be allowed (i.e. helmets, casts, etc.)
- No slide tackling is allowed.
- Always give the goalie the benefit of the doubt on 50/50 balls!
- The team wearing red will start the game defending the north or west end of the field with possession of the ball.
- The Kalin-Chase-em rule: Any ball you kick out of bounds, you are responsible for chasing immediately following the play.
The CCSoccer League has adopted a 8 on 8 format and as such, has special rules as follows:
- Offsides will be called, at the ref's discretion, as best they can given there's only one of them. Please don't argue with them about calls made or missed.
- All throw-ins are to be taken as kick-ins from within 1 yard of the touchline (either on or off the field).
- Game start and other restarts (second half, after goals, and goal kicks) will be started by the goalkeeper either throwing the ball or kicking the ball from his/her area. As soon as the ball clears the penalty area it is in play.
- The ball is not allowed to cross the midfield line without first bouncing (on the field or another player) on goal kicks (by anyone) or whenever the goalkeeper plays the ball with his/her hands. (Penalty: indirect free kick at midfield.)
- All fouls are restarted with an indirect kick by the fouled team. (Exception: penalty kicks that shall be taken from the 12 yard spot.)
- Substitution is unlimited and is encouraged during the flow of play.
- Game halves are to be 25 minutes plus injury time. Half times are to be 3 minutes or less.